Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovers! There are many people in our lives that we love differently- and of course that includes our little sour patch babies! Here are 5 ways to show our sweet & sour littles that we love them!
- Take them on a FREE Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt! Mead’s Botanical Garden in Winter Park is making it so simple! It’s this Saturday Feb 12 from 10am-noon. The weather is perfect to get some fresh air! LINK: Mead’s Scavenger Hunt
- You’ve never been THIS fancy at the farm! Lil’ Bit of Life in Mount Dora is hosting “Dessert in the Dirt” Farm tour Sunday Feb 13th. $17 per adult & $10 per child which includes the tour and a box of desserts! But HOLD UP, Adults will also get a complimentary glass of champagne! Sounds like fun for everyone! LINK: Dessert in the Dirt
- If you have a little Princesses at home, the Festival of Love Princess event is just for them! Sunday Feb 13th from 12-1:30 they can meet some of their favorite princesses, enjoy decorating cupcakes & cookies, have a dance party, do crafts and receive a Valentine gift from a princess! What a dream! Located in Casselberry at Tutu Tales Party Productions. Prices vary. LINK: Princess Party
- Have little night owls? What setting could be more fitting for them than the ZOO! Central Florida Zoo in Sanford is hosting a Kid’s Night Out Saturday Feb 12th from 6:30-10:00pm. Best part? It’s a DROP OFF event. You literally get to drop your little human animals off at the zoo and have the night off to be each other’s Valentine. They’ll be locked in a cage &– oh wait, no, they’ll play games, do crafts, eat snacks & be at the ZOO! It’s ONLY $30 per child ages 5-12yrs old which for 3hrs 30min of babysitting on a holiday is a pretty sweet deal. There is a discount for pass holders (yes, you will want an annual pass). LINK Zoo Drop Off
- What is cuter than taking your little Valentine to a Strawberry Festival? Saturday Feb 12th till 5pm enjoy Earth’s finest natural red candies in every form imaginable at the Atwood Family Farm! Parking & Admission are FREE, however if you’d like to pick strawberries and participate in some fun activities like the bouncy pad and pie eating contest you’ll want to bring some cash! Strawberry fields would be the perfect back drop to some adorable Valentine’s photos! LINK Strawberry Festival
If you’re unable to make it out of the house, because- well, you’re a parent, you know. Five additional ways to show you love them are:
- Throw a ball around in the backyard.
- Give them a bear hug and tell them you love them.
- Make a fort in the living room with dining room chairs & blankets and read them the book I’ll love you forever. Warning: YOU WILL CRY. LINK I’ll Love You Forever Book
- Make cookies together. Here’s an easy recipe for red velvet crinkles that don’t require decorating with icing because I’m guessing if you didn’t make it out of the house, it may not be a day to deal with icing… Red Velvet Crinkles
- Turn up so tunes on youtube & have your own living room dance party! Maybe throw a slow one on and get a precious video of a father daughter dance or Mommy & son dance — or “whatever precious combination is at your home” dance.
At the end of the day, what will make your littles feel most loved is YOU being patient, kind & loving toward them. It’s not about how loving we look in an IG post, it’s about showing our kids every day that we will always love them no matter what. Don’t sweat the details of the day, just enjoy each other.
Tell me below if you tried one of the 5 events in the Orlando area! Which one did you do & how did it go? What was your favorite part of the day?